Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Funny the Way It Is

Since the last time I was here, I  did something crazy. Something crazy and cool. I did something that always sounded good in theory but never thought I would actually do. Life is crazy though and sometimes it surprises you. It's like when the time finally comes to make a big grown up decision you begin to realize you are in fact a little more grown up. Funny the way God works that out. So here's what I did: I moved to another state and have been busy. Really busy. One of these days I will get around to writing about the move and my observations on North Alabama but for now, forgive me for my absence and just think with me.

Think about about something you really want to do. It doesn't have to be something you want to do right now or it could be something you want to do right this second. It doesn't have to be well thought out or it could be planned with precise detail. It could be totally unrealistic or totally realistic. There aren't really any rules here.

I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon.

I want to go on a well thought out road trip to the GC with a few good friends, an atlas and music that makes you want to roll down the windows. I would pack a lot of chex mix, dark chocolate m&m's and water. Why the water? This is a road trip. I'm not in a hurry. Who knows what adventures might lie in a search for a clean restroom. The possibilities are endless my friends. This is completely for fun - I don't need to escape from anything or find myself, I just want to make unplanned stops along the way to our destination, appreciating the beauty of places I've never been.

No comments:

Post a Comment