Thursday, October 6, 2011

DIY Reusable Fabric Flower Tote Bag

Today we are visiting the land of DIY. Hip, hip, hooray!

"Do it yourself" (!!!) is a multifaceted phrase. It could be a phrase used to describe frustration with another. For instance, it may have been the very thing that ran through my mind when my grandmother persistently asked me to take a picture of her Christmas cactus one year. I didn't say that though and if you are ever faced with a similar circumstance, neither should you. Take the picture of the Christmas cactus. It will make her happy. Lesson learned.

Today's use of  "do it yourself" is much more uplifting and encouraging to you out there. So tomorrow, when asked "where did you get that cute tote?" You can reply with joy "I made it! And you can totally do it yourself!" See, that is hopeful. 

That is goal but today we are here: fabric flowers and tote bags. This bag  is totally achievable with just a few dollars and a few minutes. Please make this tote and then take it to a cute farmer's market and fill it with home grown goodies. That would be swell.

Supplies:
  • 1/2 yard of assorted fabrics
  • 1/2 inch glue dots (Hobby Lobby)
  • Blank canvas tote bag (Hobby Lobby)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Twine (optional)






Easy as pie, right? Oh speaking of pie, I think pumpkin pie might have made it on my 'to do' list today. Get excited folks.

p.s. I love my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment