Wednesday, February 15, 2012

cobbler salad.



I totally get that this is sort of a summer food salad but it seemed delicious and after all this is Florida which means it's pretty much always summer. Right?

This salad is really easy. Really easy.

You may also be thinking warm salted fruit sounds a little weird. I thought so too until I remembered how much I love those two ingredients in a cobbler and decided it probably couldn't be too terribly awful. I'd like to think I was correct. So there we have it, a cobbler salad. Try it.







Grilled Fruit & Blue Cheese Salad
-a pear
-a peach
-a few strawberries
-sea salt
-spinach or greens
-blue cheese
-vinaigrette dressing (optional)

Turn your broiler on low. Slice up your fruit and put it on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and pop it in the oven. Wait a few minutes, do a dance, and then sprinkle the fruit with blue cheese. Bake it a few minutes longer or just until the cheese starts to melt. Wait a few more minutes for the fruit to cool, do another dance and then place that cheesy grilled fruit on a bed of your favorite greens. Add a little bit of your favorite dressing and wah-la!

Easy, pretty & tasty.

p.s. I think I would add some sliced almonds next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment