Thursday, September 8, 2011

On Thursday, We Twirl.

I'm really excited about this week. A few days ago, I talked about some really exciting treats that have me in great anticipation of this fall season in a really big, silly way that is probably kind of obnoxious. Along with the exciting things though, I had to point out that although it may be September, the temperature and humidity is reflecting more of what it feels like in May or June.

I want you to know, I may have spoken too soon.

I'm totally ok with that because the high yesterday was 59. Fifty nine people. (!!!) Incredible. Sure, we had to endure 48 hours of rain on a holiday weekend to get there but I'm not going to complain. This morning, I walked outside and smiled. Right away. There was no stopping me. The weather has that kind of effect. If you are having a bad day, hop in your car, drive to north Alabama, get out of your car, and look up at the sky. I promise you are going to want to throw your hands in the air and twirl around. In case you need a visual:


Another very exciting thing that has happened over the weekend. Prepare yourself. It's back. Yes, I am referring to the pumpkin spice latte. When the friendly barista at Starbucks asked me how my day was, all I could say was "Wonderful! Pumpkin is here!". True story.

By the way, do the initials PSL remind you of anything besides Starbucks' abbreviation for 'pumpkin spice latte'? If you are reading this blog, they should. Am I so in tune with my love for fall that I would name this blog using the same initials as the most delightful hot beverage IN THE WORLD? The answer is no, probably not but I would like to think that on some subconscious level, it was completely on purpose.

Today is a day to be enthusiastic. Enthusiastic about the little things. Weather. Coffee.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment